[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] question about library hierarchy

Roma Matott rmatott at pls-net.org
Tue Feb 10 15:13:20 EST 2009

Thank you for the information.  I have few other questions if you don't mind.

Does library workstation designation have any affect on the permissions when you are logged in?  Or is it strictly the home library of the login that determines permissions?

Along the same vein...on a regular basis, I find I need to login to the automation system as the member library sees it.  Does this mean I will need to have a host file with specific entries for all of my member libraries?

How is the library designation in the workstation registration actually used by Evergreen?  It seems to affect item search by defaulting to the workstation library designation.  Does it do anything else?

If I want to have a usergroup that has access to all member library items/patrons, is setting up a GlobalAdmin user with the ApplicationPermission group_application.user.staff.admin.global_admin & EVERYTHING permission enabled, the best way to facilitate it?

Or should I include the System level in the hierarchy as a parent of all the member libraries (Consortium -> System -> Member Library) and make these global admin users workstation and home library designations the System?  Essentially, I am trying to find a way that searching all libraries can be the default instead of a specific library.

Thanks,

Roma
Pioneer Library System

P.S.  Is there a way to search past postings to this mailing list?  I looked for this information in the Evergreen DokuWiki and found some answers but not all.  I thought if I could search an archive of past posts, it might help as well.  Thanks again for all your help.