[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about importing records

Melissa Lefebvre mlefebvre at biblio.org
Wed Feb 11 12:03:54 EST 2009

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am working on 1.4.0.0-rc2, on Debian
Etch.

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:40:33 -0500
From: "Melissa Lefebvre" <mlefebvre at biblio.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about importing records
To: <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>

Hi Everyone,

I have set up a test server and am in the process of importing records from
our existing system, and I was wondering if  there is a MARC framework type
of file that Evergreen has that I can view and alter to match where our
current tags are located?  For example we keep our location holding
information in the 949, which tag does that live in Evergreen?  It appears
that although all my records are in the database, no holdings are attached
to them although they were exported with holding information, which I think
is due to the difference of where info lives in both systems.  Also, I am by
no means an SQL guru, but how can I delete those records from the database
so that if I re-import that batch it won't duplicate the existing records or
will it overwrite the existing information as long as they have the same
record ID numbers?

Thank you very much for your help,

Melissa

Melissa S. Lefebvre