[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library wants to move to Evergreen

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:25:19 EST 2009

I'm just getting started myself but I'm guessing even if the answer to
A is no then it should still be possible for you to either reformat
the data into an acceptable format for import or to write your own
import script to insert the data directly. I think your deciding
factor would be more how easy it is to get good delimited data from
BookDB. This page might give you some info though I'm uncertain how up
to date it is:

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords

I believe there is a cataloging part of the staff client for actual
new and recataloging if you go down that road. You might also be able
to use some copy cataloging tool like biblios.net but I'm unsure if
that would work yet.

Again I'm not familiar enough to actually answer for sure, some one
else can probably chime in. But nothing you mention seems impossible
from my limited understanding.

eby