[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library wants to move to Evergreen

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:01:34 EST 2009

I have no clue but it appears from this page:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:printer_settings&s[]=label

That the staff client uses whatever printer is installed on the client
system. So it sounds like if you can get good client drivers then it
might not matter. I'm not sure if this is also the case with large
bulk printing like barcodes. I also found this page:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:dmcmorris:retcon2codabar&s[]=barcode

Which mentions printing and a good format for them.

I'm pretty sure here we have the barcodes professionally printed. Then
when the item is cataloged they just scan the barcode into the proper
field. That might be a easier method for you. Just have a sequence of
labels printed for you and then go from there.

Eby