[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Translations status (was: Call for Evergreen translations)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Jan 12 16:27:07 EST 2009

Hi all:

I'm back after a one-month hiatus and interested in the state of the
various translation efforts. I'm especially interested in submissions
of updated or new translations; we want to have a chance to test
building, bundling, and running Evergreen with your language. We'd
much rather have early access to a partial translation, so we can
catch potential problems with our build process or tools in time to
make a difference for the final release. I should note that we have
updated a handful of strings since the call for translations to fix
some problems that we found; also, we added a few new strings where we
found hardcoded strings that had been missed in the templates.

At this time we have in the repository:

* Armenian - hy-AM (full translation, with the exception of updates
since September)
* English (United States) - en-US (full translation)
* English (Canada) - en-CA (full translation)
* French (Canada) - fr-CA (full translation, with the exception of a
few updates since late November)

People have indicated they are working on the following translations:

* Brazilian Portugese - pt-BR
* Czech - cs-CZ
* Georgian - ka-GE
* Simplified Chinese - zh-CN

If you have run into any problems with the tools or the PO files,
please let me know and I will try to help resolve the problem(s).

If you missed the first call and would like to contribute to a
different language, that's great - just let me and/or the list know!
If you want to help out with one of these languages, I'll be happy to
try to coordinate efforts with the other translators.

When you contribute a translation, partial or full, please include the
Developer's Certificate of Originality
(http://open-ils.org/documentation/contributing.html#DCO) in your
email.

Thanks!