[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Fw: Request to solve problem from upgreading Evergreen

Araik Mnukyan araik at flib.sci.am
Tue Jan 13 05:14:50 EST 2009

Hello List,

We are upgrading form the Evergreen 1.2 to Evergreen 1.4 international
version on Ubuntu 7.10. During upgrade we are using instructions from

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2_to_1.4&s[]=upgrade
<http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2_to_1.4&s%5b%5d=upgrade>.

After Evergreen server installation, we start it as opensrf user with
command osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all and receive the following message

*Starting OpenSRF Router*

*Starting OpenSRF Perl*

*Starting OpenSRF C(host=localhost)*

When we are starting Evergreen Client with the command xulrunner
application.ini, and after logging we receive the following message

*Network/server failure. Please check your Internet connection
to undefined and choose Retry Network. If you need to enter
Offline Mode, choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogs.
If you believe this error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not
network problems, please contact your helpdesk or friendly
Evergreen admins, and give them this information:
method=open-ils.auth.authenticate.init
params=["admin"]
THROWN:
null
STATUS:*

We can't connect to the server. Any help is highly welcomed.

We also test the connections to the Evergreen with the command

*/openils/bin/srfsh*

*srfsh% login admin open-ils*

and have the following

*Unable to communicate with service open-ils.auth*

Then we run the settings-tester.pl script to see if it finds any system
configuration problems

and have the output attached bellow.

thanks for help,
Araik

Fundamental Scientific Library

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LWP::UserAgent version 2.033
XML::LibXML version 1.66
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.66
XML::LibXSLT version 1.59
Net::Server::PreFork version 0.90
Cache::Memcached version 1.20
Class::DBI version 0.96
Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
Template version 2.19
DBD::Pg version 1.49
Net::Z3950::ZOOM version 1.21
MARC::Record version 2.0.0
MARC::Charset version 1.0
MARC::File::XML version 0.88
Text::Aspell version 0.04
CGI version 3.15
DateTime::TimeZone version 0.42
DateTime version 0.35
DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.2901
Unix::Syslog version 0.100
GD::Graph3d version 0.63
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.19
Log::Log4perl version 1.10
Email::Send version 2.185
Text::CSV_XS version 0.27
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.01
Tie::IxHash version 1.21
Parse::RecDescent version 1.94
SRU version 0.97
JSON::XS version 2.21

Checking Jabber connection
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections
* WARNING: Deprecated <password> element used for the <reporter> entry.
Please use <pw> instead.
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=eg-server;port=5432
* Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
* Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
* Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
* Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in
/opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/language

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
* OK - found locally installed libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so in shared
library path

Checking hostname
* OK: found hostname 'eg-server' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml