[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request to solve problem from upgrading Evergreen

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:33:52 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Araik Mnukyan <araik at flib.sci.am> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> We are upgrading form the Evergreen 1.2 to Evergreen 1.4 international
> version on Ubuntu 7.10. During upgrade we are using instructions from
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2_to_1.4&s[]=upgrade
> <http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2_to_1.4&s%5b%5d=upgrade>.
>

> After Evergreen server installation, we start it as opensrf user with
> command osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all and receive the following message

The -l switch to osrf_ctl.sh is meant to cause everything to use the
name 'localhost' instead of the configured hostname of the machine,
but settings-tester suggests that you are using the name eg-server as
the hostname in the config files.  First, try running osrf_ctl.sh
without -l.  If that fails similarly then you will want to change all
occurances of eg-server in both opensrf_core.xml and opensrf.xml to
localhost, with the exception of the <domain> elements in
opensrf_core.xml.  If those (<domain>) are currently eg-server and you
change them to localhost then you will need to register you ejabberd
users again against the localhost xmpp domain, and that in turn may
require adding localhost to the hosts list in the ejabberd config
file.

Let us know if this gets you moving in the right direction!

--
Mike Rylander