[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Enriched Content

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Jan 20 15:46:12 EST 2009

Laura, I'm glad you asked as I was interested in the same kind of feedback, but haven't yet started looking at it much yet.

I believe there are some Evergreen Sitka libraries that are using or plan to use Baker & Taylor's Content Café (prices determined by your circ stats), but our library hasn't any experience with any enrichment services yet. Given the explosion of good quality free or lower cost services, I'd like to see our library more fully exploit them first (e.g. LibraryThing for Libraries, Google Books, OpenLibrary, etc.), but I'm curious to check out Content Cafe and Syndetics since they have some advantages too.

FYI, I will forward you off-list the info I just recieved from B&T's Content Cafe.

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque RNCan
(613) 996-2101

________________________________

From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Laura Sponhour
Sent: January 20, 2009 12:27 PM
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Enriched Content

Hi, everybody.

Who do you use for enriched content? We're using Syndetics but are looking to compare vendors. Is anybody else using another vendor they like?

Thank you!

Laura Sponhour

SchoolRooms Project Manager

South Carolina State Library

POB 11469, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia SC 29211

Phone: 803-734-8663 | Fax: 803-734-4757

lsponhour at statelibrary.sc.gov

www.statelibrary.sc.gov