[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] shared funding for Evergreen enhancement?

Mark Leggott mleggott at upei.ca
Thu Jan 22 07:11:09 EST 2009

Hi all - UPEI has created an easily customizable component to change
what fields are displayed in the detail view. Our programmer Alexander
(CC'd here) made the code changes, so I will let him describe what he
did. You can see examples by searching our Evergreen OPAC:

	http://islandpines.roblib.upei.ca/

Try "whales" and you can also see with the first hit the Google
preview function. I suspect our new RefWorks link will only work if
you are at UPEI, but you can try that as well. Alex may also want to
describe how he does that. We have also made the subjects headings
display in the detail view as a cascading link, but you need to hover
to see they are links - style guides...bad. I can't remember which
other fields are displayed but Alex can clarify. I'm also not clear on
the code (it was done to our specs), but I suspect it would need to be
changed a bit to be contributed back to the base, which we would be
happy to do.

Mark