[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bad image for book! How to remove?

Bryan Baldus bryan.baldus at quality-books.com
Mon Jul 6 16:50:52 EDT 2009

On Monday, July 06, 2009 3:37 PM, Dan Scott wrote:
>If the ISBN is wrong in the MARC record, you can fix the MARC record.

>If the ISBN is correct, but your book jacket image provider provides the wrong book jacket, ask them to fix their mistake. Or switch to a different book jacket image provider.

>Otherwise, there's currently no way to turn added content on or off for a given title in the database. Well, you could effectively turn it off by deliberately providing a non-existent ISBN... but that's rather ugly. No sense in blaming the poor MARC record or Evergreen for the book jacket image provider's mistake.<

Or the publisher's mistake, if they've reused the same ISBN--in which case the ISBN in the MARC would be correct (though should be in $z if known at the time of cataloging), and I'm not familiar with how book jacket image providers deal with reused ISBNs.

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.
1-800-323-4241x402