[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bad image for book! How to remove?

Jonathan Rochkind jonathan at dnil.net
Mon Jul 6 17:07:49 EDT 2009

Amazon definitely makes mistakes. If you look up the isbn on
amazon.com, and see that there is a mistake on the website too, you
can use a link on the Amazon page to report the error to Amazon, and
they'll presumably fix it one way or another eventually.

Open Library is definitely going to have a lot less coverage than
Amazon, you're going to get fewer images if you use OL instead of
Amazon. I don't know if the error rate would be less as well, possibly.

For the Evergreen developers reading this -- have you updated your
Amazon API code to use the cryptographic signature request form they
require as of the middle of August?  If anyone is using software that
does not use the crypto request by the middle of August, they're going
to find it stops working.

Jonathan