[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Catalogue Now Live at Mohawk College!

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Jul 9 14:50:30 EDT 2009

Sorry for the non-question posting but we just want to let everyone know that the Mohawk College Library Evergreen catalogue is live as of July 6! We still have some tweaking and fixing to do, but staff seem happy so far (we'll hear more from patrons in the fall when they come back). We are very enthusiastic about the features of this open-source software and the opportunities we have for future customization and development.
Talk about standing on the shoulders of giants ... we wouldn't be live without the help of the Evergreen community esp. the Canadian academic libraries who've preceded us: Laurentian, Windsor and UPEI.  Big thanks to lots of folks:  John Fink, Dan Scott, Mike Rylander, Jason Etheridge, Bill Erickson (really, everyone at Equinox), Grant Johnson, Warren Layton, George Duimovich, Karen Foster, Peter Zimmerman, Christine MacLauchlan and all the other folks who have helped us along the way and who have contributed to the Evergreen Open-Source development. We started working with Evergreen version 1.2 and have been amazed at the improvements and enhancements with each new release.
You can visit our Evergreen catalogue at: http://libcat.mohawkcollege.ca. It is a work in progress...
Cheers and again, many thanks,
Robert Soulliere (Systems Librarian) and Cynthia Williamson (Collection and Access Management Librarian)
PS:  Could our library be added to the list of official Evergreen sites at http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen_libraries ?

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.