[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Disabling a parent location for holds pick up

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Jul 15 10:44:53 EDT 2009

> We need to disable our parent location in the holds pickup location menu, I
> see in the demo that Georgia Pines has done this, can someone point us to
> where we make that change?

Cynthia, there are two settings associated with org unit types, Can
Have Users and Can Have Volumes.  I'm not sure if both need to be
false, or just a specific one, but if you set these to false for the
org unit type associated with your parent location then the location
should become disabled in the pickup library menu.  However, if you
actually have volumes and items at that location, or users with a home
library of that location, then you shouldn't really do this until
those get relocated.

The PINES hierarchy has org unit types like this:

Consortium: Can Have Volumes -> False, Can Have Users -> False, depth -> 0
System: Can Have Volumes -> False, Can Have Users -> False, depth -> 1
Branch: Can Have Volumes -> True, Can Have Users -> True, depth -> 2

--
Jason Etheridge