[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OpenSRF unable to connect, uninitialized Perl

Douglas White dwhite21787 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:58:30 EDT 2009

Hello!

I'm in the middle of installing OpenSRF 1.0.6 on
Ubuntu server 8.10, following the instructions
in the wiki. Everything has been perfect up to
"Starting OpenSRF".

When I do "osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all"
I get several errors, including
Unable to connect router to jabber server public.localhost
Use of uninitialized value $@ in concatenation (.)
or string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/
Client.pm
line 153.
Exception: Could not authenticate with Jabber server.
Starting OpenSRF C (host=localhost)

I've been looking at code, and reading the list archive,
and googling, and haven't found a clue.

The Ubuntu server is a VMware virtual machine on a Mac,
if that makes a difference, but I don't think it should...

Thanks for any advice or pointers!  Doug

Douglas White
dwhite21787 at gmail.com