[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Mapping MARC fields to search filters

Bryan Baldus bryan.baldus at quality-books.com
Tue Jul 21 13:25:17 EDT 2009

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:07 PM, Laura Sponhour wrote:
>I'm trying to verify what MARC field populates each of the following:

My answers will be based on MARC, not necessarily on what Evergreen's programming actually does.

>Search filters on the Advanced Search page:

>Item Form

008/23.

>Item Type (Is there a difference between what field is pulled into the Basic list versus what field is pulled into the Advanced list?)

Leader/06; possibly also 006/00 and maybe 007. I don't think there is a difference for Basic vs. Advanced.

>Literary Form

008/33 (for books (item type 'a' in Leader/06))

>Language

008/35-37; ideally should also include 041 $a and $d.

>Audience

008/22 (for item types other than cartographic materials (Leader/06 'e')).

>Bib Level

 Leader/07; possibly also 006/00.

>                On the Record Summary
>Physical Description

300 field; preceding that, possibly a translation of Leader/06.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I hope this helps,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.
1-800-323-4241x402