[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Preferred place for installation questions?

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 5 16:31:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Dan Wells<dbw2 at calvin.edu> wrote:
> Hello Victoria,
>
> Based on my experience, the DEV list is where install questions are usually posted, but asking in the GENERAL list isn't going to raise any eyebrows, either.  The traffic is still light enough in each list that I have both routed to the same inbox folder, and I frankly can't tell the difference between the two lists most of the time :)
>
> DW

True, those messages do show up in either place without great harm in
any direction, though I've heard from people who don't work directly
in technology that the "general" list can be intimidating at times
when it gets very chatty with technical issues. (Some people have
suggested having a web board versus mailing lists... I'm just
reporting what people have said.)