[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Claims returned issue

scrlheadlib at mts.net scrlheadlib at mts.net
Mon Jun 8 12:13:55 EDT 2009

Can anyone help us?

When we mark an item "claimed returned" and then the book is found we cannot
return the item.  We get a "check-in failed" message.  We can delete the bar
code and then reenter it and then it will return it but it stays on the
patron record as having 1 item out and it is listed in the claims returned
area and we have no idea how to get rid of it.  Deleting the bar code and
reentering probably wasn't a good idea but we were getting desperate!

Mary Toma
South Central Regional Library
160 Main Street
Box 1540