[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Recalls in Evergreen

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 5 16:14:58 EST 2009

I can see that Recalls are on the list of features for the 2.0 version of Evergreen.  We have written up what we mean by recalls in the attached document.  This is an important feature for academic libraries that allow some borrowers to take materials out for an extended period of time and need to be able to call those items back when they are needed for a class or another researcher.  It's especially important for academic libraries that support graduate work.

I wanted to put this description out for comment by other Evergreen users to see if all needs are met.  I didn't see any other description of recalls on the Wiki.  We do not have a proposed method of implementing this or detail on how it would be done, but it would be useful to have a discussion of whether this meets the need of others who might use a recall feature.

Let me know.

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago