[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Rescheduled: Understanding Open Source, Tuesday, 3/17, 2 p.m.
kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Mar 6 16:29:49 EST 2009
Note new date and time!
Understanding Open Source, Tues, March 17, 2 p.m.
Join us for a Webinar on March 17 about open source software!
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
(Rescheduled.) This webinar will answer the most commonly-asked
questions about open source software, such as...
* What does "free" mean?
* Why are libraries using open source software?
* What kind of open source software is available for libraries?
* Do we have to maintain it ourselves? (Quick spoiler: no.)
* What are the characteristics of good open source software?
* What are some easy ways to learn more about open source software?
Bring your own questions, as well!
This webinar offers flexible access options. You can:
1. Use a computer headset with a microphone to both listen and speak
2. Phone in to a toll-based conference line, or
3. Liisten in on computer speakers and text your thoughts in a chat window.
The session will open up 15 minutes early for people who want to
practice their webinar skills or test their equipment.
Title: Resched: Understanding Open Source, Tues, Mar 17 2 pm
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer
| Karen G. Schneider
| Community Librarian
| Equinox Software Inc. "The Evergreen Experts"
| Toll-free: 1.877.Open.ILS (1.877.673.6457) x712
| kgs at esilibrary.com
| Web: http://www.esilibrary.com
| Be a part of the Evergreen International Conference, May 20-22, 2009!
More information about the Open-ils-general