[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Rescheduled: Understanding Open Source, Tuesday, 3/17, 2 p.m.

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Mar 6 16:29:49 EST 2009

Note new date and time!

Understanding Open Source, Tues, March 17, 2 p.m.

Join us for a Webinar on March 17 about open source software!

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/813256302

(Rescheduled.) This webinar will answer the most commonly-asked
questions about open source software, such as...

* What does "free" mean?
* Why are libraries using open source software?
* What kind of open source software is available for libraries?
* Do we have to maintain it ourselves? (Quick spoiler: no.)
* What are the characteristics of good open source software?
* What are some easy ways to learn more about open source software?

Bring your own questions, as well!

This webinar offers flexible access options. You can:

1. Use a computer headset with a microphone to both listen and speak

2. Phone in to a toll-based conference line, or

3. Liisten in on computer speakers and text your thoughts in a chat window.

The session will open up 15 minutes early for people who want to
practice their webinar skills or test their equipment.

Title: 	  	Resched: Understanding Open Source, Tues, Mar 17 2 pm
Date: 		Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Time: 		2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements

PC-based attendees:
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

Macintosh®-based attendees:
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer