[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Thanks UPEI! Google Book Preview patch integrated into trunk

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 07:52:12 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Thanks to Alexander O'Neill and the University of Prince Edward Island
> for posting their patch for integrating the Google Book Preview
> feature directly into the record details page and making the code
> available under the GPL v2.

Cool.  Thanks UPEI and Dan!

> I just committed a variation of the patch to Evergreen trunk
> (http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/12465) - it needs a bit of
> internationalization work before it's ready for prime-time, but it is
> a great feature.

I think it'll need more than just I18n, unfortunately.  It's currently
set up to blow away the excerpt added content that other AC modules
provide, and is pretty generic in the naming of it's product specific
variables (jsonScript, etc).  I think it needs (and deserves) its own
tab (GBSPreview, perhaps?) and less easily stomped vars.  Also,
there's already a flag to control other uses of the GBS api (the
"browse in google book search" links on the result list page and on
the detail page (should probably go away now?)) that should make use
of here, I think.

I can take a look at that some time if others are not inclined.  In
trac as: http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/50 .

--
Mike Rylander