[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] org unit types that won't delete??

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:19:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Cynthia Williamson
<crwbookgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi - We set up our org unit types and added some units.  Then we re-thought
> the hierarchy and decided to make some changes.  I've managed to rename the
> unit types and get rid of the ones we decided not to use but I can't seem to
> delete some of the actual units that we created.   Some of them deleted
> without a hitch, but there are some that remain, with an asterisk beside
> them after I try to delete them. Any suggestions?

If those org units are in use by anything else in the system --
workstations, circulations, user home library, staff work locations,
holds, items, call numbers (not a complete list, either) -- then you
cannot delete them.  This is restricted by database-level referential
integrity constraints.

--
Mike Rylander