[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holdings not showing in OPAC view

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri May 15 02:22:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Deanna  Frazee
<dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us> wrote:
> When I look at the "My Title Results" screen, it shows I have 2 copies
> at each location.  So it knows I have holdings, it just will not let me
> see them.  Could it have something to do with the circulation modifer or
> the stat category?  I have set up a stat category, but it does not
> appear when I try to attach it to the holdings.  And I cannot figure out
> where to set up the circulation modifier.  Could those be my problem?

Hi Deanna,

Neither circ modifiers or stat cats should impact visibility in the
OPAC.  For reference, which version of EG are you using?  Do things
change if you load the bib into the marc editor and re-save it?

Here are the things related to copies that are supposed to affect OPAC
visibility:

  * On the item: OPAC Visible flag

  * On the item status: Holdable flag (in 1.4, this has been broken up
to include an OPAC visible flag, but in 1.2, a non-holdable status
implies OPAC not visible)

  * On the item "copy/shelving" location: OPAC Visible flag

I'm trying to think if I'm missing anything.

The behavior is different with the staff OPAC embedded in the staff
client.  All items should show up there.  So if that isn't happening,
then something is definitely broken.

--
Jason Etheridge