[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Unable to connect router to jabber server

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue May 26 13:59:42 EDT 2009

Hello,

First, and maybe this is a bad point to suggest this, but I would strongly recommend installing the 1.4 branch rather than 1.2.x.  You can find the 1.4 install instructions here:

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.4.0:install

Second, the setting tester script should be in the original Open-ILS download, under Open-ILS/src/support-scripts.  If not, you can download the 1.2.4 version here:

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/branches/rel_1_2_4/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl

or if you are in fact in the 1.4 branch, try here:

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/branches/rel_1_4/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl

Good luck,
DW

>>> <makekee at msu.ac.zw> 5/26/2009 3:59 AM >>>
Hi Guys

I have been religiously following the installation documentation at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10

I am now on the point where i need to start Evergreen, i get the error message
"OpenSRF Router already started :
!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server localhost...
exitingopensrf at eg-server1:~$"

I have followed the troubleshooting document and elsewhere i have been refered
to "the settings-tester.pl script". where do i get it. i have looked for it
everywhere.

However i think i am really close to a working system

Ephraim