[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** RE: cataloging

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:39:10 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Marilyn Pillar
<mpillar at innisfil.library.on.ca> wrote:
> We have had problems since we upgraded to the 1.4 version when adding new
> records to the catalogue.  Once the information has been entered staff click
> “Create Record”, but if at that point we were to search the database by
> author, title or subject the record does not display.  (It is searchable by
> ISBN though.)  However we have discovered that if we proceed to “MARC edit”
> from the holdings maintenance and click “Save Record” the new record will be
> searchable.  In essence we are saving the record twice.  I had our
> Cataloguing Assistant do a new record and then check in browse shelf before
> doing the second save and it did show there.  Sounds like your problem could
> be similar to ours.

This is fixed in 1.4.0.7 (cut, but not announced) and beyond.  You can
get that at:

http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/Evergreen-ILS-1.4.0.7.tar.gz

The upgrade instructions are generally the same as always, but we'll
be posting version specific ones if you want to wait on that.  I don't
have a specific date for that, though.

--
Mike Rylander