[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] MFHD editing problem

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Nov 6 12:59:56 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 12:12 -0800, Araik Manukyan wrote:
> Hi List,
>

> I imported records from batch file into evergreen 1.6 on ubuntu 8.10.
> While trying to edit MFHD record using the "Add MFHD Button",
>
> then refreshed the record display (Shift+F8) and clicked on "Edit
> Holdings -> Edit Record"
>

> I have the following error

> The requested URL /xul/server/cat/marcedit.xul was not found on this
> server.

> Please tell what is a problem?

Hi Araik:

One of the install steps that was documented for the reporter, but which
is currently also necessary for the MARC batch importer and some of the
other new interfaces, is to create a symbolic link called
"/openils/var/web/xul/server" that points to the server subdirectory of
the current version of the staff client that is installed
under /openils/var/web/xul/.

For example, if you ran:

make STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_6_0_0 install

then you should follow up with:

cd /openils/var/web/xul
ln -sf rel_1_6_0_0/server server

I'll improve the documentation to put this step earlier in the install
process, now that it's necessary for more than just the reporter.

Thanks for letting us know about the problem!