[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] batch importing question

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 16 11:03:08 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Indiana Free Library Teens
<iflteens at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to do a practice batch import to see how it works.  I
> sucessfully imported some of our records but did not get our barcodes.  I am
> not sure how to create the path.  We are currently using Winnebago Spectrum
> (I know it is so old!)  we have the demo sever/staff client version 1.4.0.4
> I would appriciate any help.

Hi Lauri,

I don't believe the Importer in the staff client (which you may also
hear referred to as Vandalay) handles incoming item-level data yet, so
that means you have to import from a command-line environment on the
server using scripts.  Such data is often wildly different between
ILS's, or even within the same family of ILS's, so there's not really
one true way of handling it yet.

See Dan's excellent
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/wiki/ImportDemo for ideas,
and let us know if you still get stuck!

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/