[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problems Loading Bibliographic Records in Batch

Alan Simon simon at hslc.org
Fri Nov 20 09:27:47 EST 2009

Hello -

I have Evergreen 1.6.0.0 and Postgresql 8.3 (built using the 'make -f Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install install_pgsql_server_debs_83' command specified in the Installing Evergreen 1.6.0.0 on Ubuntu or Debian document) running on an Ubuntu 8.10 LAMP system.

I am trying to load a sample file of MARC records.  I am following the sample steps outlined in the Importing Bibliographic Records document with no success.

I have created a sample file containing one MARC record (attached as sample_record.marc).

Step 1, using the command 'perl marc2bre.pl --db_user evergreen --db_host localhost --db_pw [db_pw redacted]  --db_name evergreen --encoding UTF8 --idfield 907 --idsubfield a sample_record.marc > sample_record.bre' creates the attached sample_record.bre file.

Step 2, using the command 'perl direct_ingest.pl sample_record.bre > sample_record.ingest' creates the attached sample_records.ingest file.

Step 3, using the command 'perl pg_loader.pl -or bre -or mrd -or mfr -or mtfe -or mafe -or msfe -or mkfe -or msefe -a mrd -a mfr -a mtfe -a mafe -a msfe -a mkfe -a msefe --output=sample_record.sql < sample_record.ingest' creates the attached sample_record.sql.

Step 4, using the commands 'psql -h localhost -U evergreen [db_pwd redacted]' and '# \i ~/sample_record.sql' produces the error output:

SET
BEGIN
  setval
-----------
 137726545
(1 row)

psql:sample_record.sql:16: ERROR:  trigger "zzz_update_materialized_simple_record_tgr" for table "real_full_rec" does not exist
CONTEXT:  SQL function "disable_materialized_simple_record_trigger" statement 1
psql:sample_record.sql:17: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:sample_record.sql:18: invalid command \N
psql:sample_record.sql:19: invalid command \N
psql:sample_record.sql:20: invalid command \N
psql:sample_record.sql:62: invalid command \.
psql:sample_record.sql:67: invalid command \.
psql:sample_record.sql:71: invalid command \.
psql:sample_record.sql:87: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "137726545"
LINE 1: 137726545 a 010 92019992 /ac

I have attempted to load several different MARC files, including the Gutenberg file, all with the same result.  I also got the same results using an older Evergreen 1.4.0.4 and PostgreSQL 8.2 system.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you.

Alan

Alan Simon
Access PA Support
3600 Market Street, Suite 550