[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problems Loading Bibliographic Records in Batch

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Nov 20 17:12:08 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 09:27 -0500, Alan Simon wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I have Evergreen 1.6.0.0 and Postgresql 8.3 (built using the 'make -f
> Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install install_pgsql_server_debs_83'
> command specified in the Installing Evergreen 1.6.0.0 on Ubuntu or
> Debian document) running on an Ubuntu 8.10 LAMP system.
>
> I am trying to load a sample file of MARC records.  I am following
> the sample steps outlined in the Importing Bibliographic Records
> document with no success.

Further on this, I've merged changes to trunk and branches back to
rel_1_4_0 with an updated version of the
 reporter.disable_materialized_simple_record_trigger () function so that
it won't try to drop the trigger if it doesn't exist; therefore, calling
the function multiple times will be harmless and data loads like yours
can progress without modification.

Of course, that's dependent on a new release. In the meantime, you can
just apply the new definition of the function (for PostgreSQL 8.2 and
up) from
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/14992/trunk/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/reporter-schema.sql