[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Processing Item Deposits

Laura Sponhour lsponhour at statelibrary.sc.gov
Wed Oct 7 14:54:26 EDT 2009

Hi, everyone.

We are using Evergreen 1.4.0.6 and are trying to process deposits for
certain items.

We can set up the deposit amount in the copy record, and it's billed
automatically to the patron's account when the item is checked out.

When the item is checked back in, however, the amount of the refund
needed is not recorded on the patron's account. There is a message
saying that the patron is owed for the original deposit, but it's not
recorded anywhere that we can find.

Michigan's user guide has a section on crediting a patron's account
manually. A screen print in that section shows a Convert Change to
Patron Credit push button on the patron bills screen, but we can't see
that in our version of Evergreen. Is there another permission that needs
to be set to make that push button available? Or is there some other way
to credit a patron account in 1.4.0.6?

Any light you could shed in this very dark corner would be appreciated.

Laura

Laura Sponhour

Innovation Manager

South Carolina State Library

POB 11469, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia SC 29211

Phone: 803-734-8663 | Fax: 803-734-4757

lsponhour at statelibrary.sc.gov

www.statelibrary.sc.gov