[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Open Source Self-Checkout w/ RFID Compatible with Millennium?

Lori Ayre loriayre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:09:38 EDT 2009

John,

I think I can answer that the answer is "yes, it is possible." But the
follow-up statement is more important...is there such a thing?  I'd love to
hear about it if there is!  I don't think anyone has developed an open
source self-check unit that is RFID capable - that's step one.  And step two
would be to make that product compatible with Millennium.  But is it
possible?  Yes, the open source RFID product would just need to communicate
via SIP as implemented by III.

Lori