[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] question about relevance - mult eds of same book not in most recent order

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Sat Sep 5 16:05:28 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Bill Ott<bott at grpl.org> wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Does that help? If so, I'll put this on the DocBook docket.
>
> A big Yes here.  I started this discussion here a few weeks back but left it
> with an, "I'll see what I can find out about the relevance adjustments..."
>  Which I hadn't gotten back to.

Thanks, Bill. I have been working on an XML section for search
relevance today in fact, since it makes a good "working document" for
decision-making as I plow through the draft of the Evergreen DocBook
XML styleguide.

1. If anyone who knows this could respond at some point, what kind of
numeric adjustments are allowable for config.metabib_field? I.e.
floating multipliers, integers, etc.?

2. I would be most pleased if someone could send me a text or csv
version of config.metabib_field (no emergency, just "sometime"). Mike
Rylander kindly emailed me the whole table but I couldn't scrape it
out of email in a usable format, and I thought presenting the entire
table somewhere in the documentation would be useful. Mike also sent
me the search.relevance_adjustment table, which doesn't have all those
prolix xpath statements so is much narrower, and was simple to
reformat.

3. If any of you out there have built a glossary database such as is
described in Stayton's "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide," chapter 17,
I could use some help figuring out exactly where the glossentry
elements go. /headscratch