[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] import patron

Nuku Ameyibor nayibor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:36:32 EDT 2009

there are many ways to load existing patrons into the evergreen
database.i created a php script to create the sql for me which i then
executed in a postrgres frontend.
this is the php script i used.its in the attachement .my users were in
a databse so i had to write  some lines to connect to the database and
then get the users.
you can read from the csv file to get the users if thats your purpose
remove parts of the code which arent relevant to you
i  edited the example i saw in the  subversion repositry to suite my purpose
.
but check in the database to see what profile_id corresponds to what
kind of user

.there are a couple of scripts in  tthe repository  that you can use
go here
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/conifer/trunk/tools/migration-scripts
cheers!!!