[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about the Cron set-up to run generate_fines.pl

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:23:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Cynthia Williamson
<crwbookgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All :
>
> Just wondering if there is a recommended Cron setup to run
> generate_fines.pl?  Hourly?  Daily?  Note: we have 1 and 2 hour loan periods
> and would like to generate the fines during the day if those items are
> overdue.

In 1.2, 1.4 and (for now) 1.6, you'll want to run it often -- say,
every 15 minutes.  Trunk has code to avoid the need to /ever/ run the
fine generator (but you'll still want to, at least daily, so patrons
know what they owe while an item is overdue).

--
Mike Rylander