[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Recent problems on evergreen-ils.org (approving blog post comments)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Sep 23 11:52:38 EDT 2009

This is a heads-up to the rest of the Evergreen community that we
recently became aware of some problems on the server hosting the
Evergreen web site.

As of approximately August 15th, 2009, some packages on the server
were upgraded to address some security vulnerabilities. Unfortunately,
the upgraded packages resulted in disabling some of the functionality
of the Evergreen community blog - specifically, the ability to filter
and approve comments to blog posts, a problem that we did not become
aware of until recently. Therefore, if you have posted comments to the
blog in the last month and a half and have wondered why your comment
was not approved, it is not because we are intentionally filtering
what you have to say; we simply aren't able at the moment to make new
comments visible.

Now that we're aware of the problem, we're going to try to address it.
We'll let you know when the comment functionality is working again -
and our apologies if you felt that your voice was not being heard! We
always welcome your comments and contributions, but for the short term
the best place might be the mailing list.