[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Input Needed: Drupal project for evergreen-ils.org

Roma Matott rmatott at pls-net.org
Wed Sep 23 15:31:22 EDT 2009

Hi all -

There has been idea floating around for a while to migrate the current evergreen-ils.org to a Drupal platform.  Steve Willis, Chris Sharp, Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley, and I have volunteered to coordinate the investigation.  So, to start the ball rolling, we have some questions that we would like input from the community about this project.

1.  Why replace the current evergren-ils.org platform with Drupal?
       a. Advantages?
       b. Is there anything that users would like to or should be able to do with the current site?  Does Drupal do it 'better'?

2.  How easy will it be to implement/maintain these 'enhancements' or basic functionality?  Are there modules that we want to use?  What version of Drupal do they work with?  Are they actively maintained by the community?

3.  How should we use Drupal?  As the web interface or also as a documentation storehouse?
    a.  Are there other platforms that would be better for maintaining documentation- Indexing, breadcrumbs, overall structure...

Any and all input is welcome!

Roma Matott
Systems Librarian
Pioneer Library System