[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Message from the Evergreen Conference Site Selection Committee - Austin in 2011!!

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:51:43 EDT 2009

I post the following on behalf of the The Evergreen Conference Site
Selection Committee.

The Site Selection Committee for the EG Conference has been made aware of
some questions concerning our decision to choose the 2010 and 2011 sites in
one process.  We'd like to assure the EG community that we are confident in
our decison and that it was made for all of the right reasons. Selection of
the 2011 conference site was done simultaneously with the selection of the
2010 site (fabulous Grand Rapids, MI) so that potential attendees would have
adequate time to include the conference in their budget planning process.  We
are thrilled with both locations and know that both will offer excellent
conferences.

Amazing Austin, Texas will be the site for the 2011 conference.  Choosing
Austin allowed the committee to meet the goals of moving the conference to a
different region each year while still having it in a city that offers easy
airport access, reasonable travel and accommodation costs for conference
attendees, outstanding conference facilities, and a variety of after-hours
entertainment and dining options within walking distance.

 Shortly after the 2010 conference is over, the Site Selection Committee
will be formed again and solicitations for nominations for the 2012
conference will commence shortly thereafter.  The call for nominations will
go out via the open-ils list, the primary channel for all things Evergreen,
and all recipients will be encouraged to pass the information on to those in
their organizations and circle of contacts who may have an interest in
hosting the conference.

It has been a pleasure to work with the other folks on this committee.  A
reminder of who we are:  Karen Schneider, Ben Hyman, Deanna Frazee, Dawn
Roberts, Jennifer Bielewski,             Andrea Buntz Neiman, and yours
truly, Cynthia Williamson