[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] My library needs your help

Indiana Free Library Teens iflteens at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 17:51:00 EDT 2010

*Indiana** Free Library Needs Your Votes to Win $50,000 Grant*

The Indiana Free Library needs you to vote each day in the month of April
for the library to win a Pepsi Refresh Project grant to fund its “EverOpen
Library” initiative. Pepsi will award $50,000 grants this May to 10
candidates who garner the most votes online in April.

Follow the link on the library’s Web site (www.indianafreelibrary.org) to
register and begin voting April 1 to raise the library’s tally.

The “EverOpen Library” initiative will improve library services with:

   - Online renewals, reserves, and account information with Evergreen
   - A learning lab to teach computer classes and technology skills
   - Access to laptops and e-book readers
   - An improved catalog to help you find what you’re looking for

Voting is open to all legal US residents at least 13 years of age who have a
valid e-mail address, and voters need not be Indiana residents or library
members to cast ballots in support of the library. Use e-mail, Facebook,
Myspace, Twitter, blogs, other social networking tools, and word of mouth to
tell family, friends, and colleagues nationwide to vote. Encourage
participation at your workplace, school, place of worship, and favorite
hangouts by

   - Putting up copies of the attached flier,
   - Distributing copies of the attached reminder cards, and
   - Submitting a write-up about our need to the organization’s newsletter

Our mission is to teach patrons how to fearlessly integrate technology into
their lives. Your votes can empower us to brighten our community’s future.

Indiana Free Library

845 Philadelphia Street

Indiana, PA 15701

724-465-8841

reference at indianafreelibrary.org

www.indianafreelibrary.org

--
We’re in the race to win the Pepsi Refresh grant, and we need you and your
friends nationwide to vote for us once each day in April.

Go to www.indianafreelibrary.org and follow the link to register and begin
voting today.