[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Issue with Closed Stacks and reference books for Reading Room and not lending

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Apr 2 10:56:15 EDT 2010

How long do you wait after placing the hold before you pull the list? For PINES, the holds targeter technically runs every 15 minutes. However, large numbers of holds means it can take much longer than that to run. It may be that you are pulling the list before the item has been targeted for the hold.

If that is not the case, have you tried establishing shelving locations for the two collections? A "no" anywhere will override a yes. So even if the reference item itself is set to circulate, if the shelving location is no, it should not. Whether it will show up on the holds pull list is something I don't know.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128