[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Reports Wizard

Nancy Studebaker nancystudebaker at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 18:33:44 EDT 2010

I was
motivated by some of the presentations at the Evergreen Conference in Grand Rapids last week.

I am
working on designing what the user interface would look like for a reports
wizard.  I am *not* a developer or
coder or programmer.  I am just (to borrow some terms from Jed’s presentation)
“drawing boxes” and “teeing it up.”

My
vision is something that would step you through the process of creating a report
by asking you questions using simple, plain language.  For example, the first
would be, “Do you want the report to create 1) a list of people 2) a count of
people 3) a list of items 4) a count of items 5) a count of
transactions.”

Attached is my first half-hour or so of work, if anyone
is interested in seeing what I have in mind.

Is
anyone else working on anything like this?  Does this sound appealing to anyone
else?  Does this sound “doable” to any one who has coding or programming
experience.  Am I just barking up the wrong tree?  Is this a reasonable
approach?  Any suggestions?
 Nancy Studebaker