No subject

Fri Apr 16 10:15:54 EDT 2010

Problem Description: "We recently installed new workstations at our Circ de=
sk and the receipt printers are spitting out 12=E2=80=9D long receipts, no =
matter how many books are checked out."
=20
Proposed Solution:
=20
Some of these steps may be unnecessary, but it gets the job done. [Within E=
vergreen:]

1) Go to the Admin menu and click on =E2=80=9CLocal System Adminstration=E2=
=80=9D

2) Click on =E2=80=9CPrinter Settings Editor=E2=80=9D

3) Click on =E2=80=9CPage Settings=E2=80=9D

4) Change all margins to =E2=80=9C0.0=E2=80=9D

5) Click on =E2=80=9CUse default print stategy (Mozilla Print).=E2=80=9D

6) Click on =E2=80=9CSet Default Printer and Print Test Page.=E2=80=9D

7) Select the Epson Receipt printer and click =E2=80=9CProperties.=E2=80=9D

8) Be sure that the paper type/size is set as =E2=80=9CRoll=E2=80=9D or =E2=
=80=9CContinuous feed.=E2=80=9D

9) Click OK and OK again. A test receipt should print w/o 2 feet of blank s=
pace.

10) You can adjust the margins a little if there isn=E2=80=99t enough blank=
 space at the end.
=20
The source of this was an email exchange on OPSMGR-L in February 2010.  The=
 solution was suggested by Benjamin Dudley, the Systems Administrator at Ea=
st Central Georgia Regional Library ("dudleyb " <dudleyb at ecgrl.org>)
=20
Receipt printers affected:
=20
Epson TM-T88IV
Star models

Hope that's helpful to someone with this issue,

Chris