[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] new installation question about client

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Aug 13 14:15:47 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Metcalf, Steve <MetcalfS at evergreen.edu> wrote:
> I just finished installing v.1.6.1.1 of the server, but have hit a snag
> trying to connect from the client.  I got the Windows 1.6.0.6 client from
> http://www.open-ils.org/downloads.php, but running it gets a “server does
> not support your version of the staff client” message.

You could force a 1.6.0.6 client to work with a rel_1_6_0_6 symlink on
the server in /openils/var/web/xul/, but you'd miss some of the menu
options for Booking and I'm not sure what else.

There is a 1.6.1.1 client at
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-setup-rel_1_6_1_1.exe but
I think it'll break for locales other than en-US, due to an error with
the I18N process and the 1.6.1.1 tarball I used to build the client.

See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XULRunner_tips#Using_Firefox_3_to_run_XULRunner_applications

--
Jason Etheridge