[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SIP and time management software

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Thu Aug 19 17:58:20 EDT 2010

Different software packages extend the functionality by using other data
exposed by SIP (patron category, home branch, birthdate, etc), sometimes
including arbitrary extensions to the protocol for their own purposes.  EG
supports some of these (e.g. Envisionware's).

The first criteria may be whether they are barred but SIP also
differentiates between "too many renewals", "too many overdues", "too many
fines", etc.  It all depends on how much configurability the vendor wants to
put in their software.

--Joe