[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: [Fwd: Re: Printing to a USB receipt printer]

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Tue Aug 24 14:18:49 EDT 2010

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:18 AM, JohnRoy McVicker <jmcvicke at grpl.org>
> wrote:
> > Am I going about this the wrong way?  Any tips of how to setup a USB
> receipt
> > printer and use the Mozilla Print strategy?
I am a little late to this discussion, do you have a model printer that you are planning on using?

We are not yet live on Evergreen yet, but in my printer testing, I have tested the Star TSP100 (USB, Thermal) with the staff client versions 1.6.3, .4, .6 and .7. It seems to handle both Mozilla mode and DOS mode without any noticeable issues.

I think that the Star SP512 (LPT, Dot Matrix) could also work (with a LPT to USB adapter or if there is a USB variant of it). In our testing, it has handled Mozilla print mode properly as well as DOS print mode.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21