[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] generic training server with predictable data CLARIFICATION

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Thu Aug 26 15:26:42 EDT 2010

Just a point of clarification about what I meant by the KCLS version of
Evergreen....what I'm talking about is Evergreen.  Period.  It is not a
variation at all.  All the work that is being done at KCLS/Equinox is part
of the single version of Evergreen we all share.  However, not all of the
development has been rolled into an official release (although it is
available in trunk).  Our thinking is that some people can't easily download
a copy from trunk but would love to grab a client and jump in to see what
KCLS is working on.  So, we are planning to keep a copy of the KCLS
development server available for others to log into for just that purpose.

Lots of the work that has been funded by KCLS is already available and we
are all benefiting from that.  And all the rest will be there soon.  But I
do know some people are trying to put together their own development
projects so it would be useful to see what's cooking on the KCLS development
server too.

And just to further clarify, we (KCLS Team) are currently working on getting
generic versions of the OPAC templates they've developed ready.  Turns out
there is an added expense to genericize them so we are just now exploring
options for making that happen.

In other words, all the KCLS work is being shared with the community one way
or another.