[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Questions regarding 2.0 features

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Dec 7 09:40:41 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've been reviewing the release notes for 2.0 at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=feature_list_2_0 and had
questions on some features that I haven't seen while testing 2.0. I'm
wondering what their status is. If these features are available and I'm just
not seeing them, can somebody point me in the right direction for using
them?

* My Account can allow patrons to update some information including: street
address, e-mail address and preferred pick-up library for holds. Changes to
address will be marked as "pending" in the patron's file until a staff
member verifies the new address and completes the change.
* In My Account in the holds management, patron's position in the hold queue
for each item on hold will display (e.g. 15th hold on 246 circulating
copies)
* From the My Account interface, patrons can see their estimated wait time
for a hold.
* Patrons can title their bookbags (aka reading list) and place holds from
it.
* Ability for patrons to view recently canceled holds and easily re-place
holds.
* Summary of bills, checkouts, and holds are visible from all of the patron
screens.

I don't see any of these OPAC features in the default skin for 2.0. Are
these features still under development or are they developed, but not
available in the default skin without further customization by the library?
Are they features we can expect to see once the KCLS skin is released?

* The system supports a new interface that shows the most recent activity on
the workstation (checkout/checkin/ renewal/ patron-reg activity, with links
to relevant patron from each item).

This sounds like a great feature that can be very useful. Where can I find
it?

* Added the ability to perform electronic receiving and invoicing.