[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] common due date for all items

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Wed Dec 8 15:46:28 EST 2010

Thanks to Dan and Thomas for the info. Looking forward to seeing these options implemented in future releases!

Gordana

>>> Thomas Berezansky <tsbere at mvlc.org> 08/12/2010 2:16 pm >>>
Last I looked at the hard due date functionality (and participated in
writing some of it, for that matter) there were two modes, a limit and
a force set.

The limit would shorten the duration if it would pass that date, the
force set would say "regardless, use this date". In the event the date
was in the past it would fallback to the normal duration rules.

This is still, however, tied to circulation policies, though a simple
SQL command could apply it to every circulation policy in the system.

I do not know what (released) evergreen versions support this at this time.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium