[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] periodical claim in Evergreen Beta 3

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 9 10:11:17 EST 2010

On 12/09/2010 03:14 AM, Mieke Stroo wrote:
> Hi Lebbeous,
>
> Thanks for your information.
> Could you give some indication on when the developers will address the matter of connecting Acquisitions and Serials?

Hello Mieke,

Perhaps after the 2.0 release we'll see patches, heightened interest,
funding, or any combination of those things directed toward Acq/Serials
tie-in.  I'm pretty sure that claiming for serials will be of primary
importance among any possible development work in that area.  After
that, other efforts to adapt certain Acq features to Serials or vice
versa may well follow; folks will probably want to ruminate publicly
about what features and specific behaviors would be most desirable.

I wish I had something more specific to tell you, but in any case it's
certainly going to be sometime after 2.0.

--
Lebbeous