[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Unexpected results changing Organisational Units through Staff Client in EG 2.0 (again)

Joseph Haig josephhaig at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 07:59:39 EST 2010

I am new to Evergreen, trying things out for a few weeks and pestering
people on IRC.  (Thanks!)

I have been having problems with the Organisational Units, and
searching through the mailing list I found this thread, which
highlights the problem but it doesn't seem to get resolved:

  <http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2010-October/003547.html>

Is there any explanation anywhere about how to get round this?  I
started editing some of the units in the example to use the new unit
types that I had created but this isn't really an ideal solution.
Also, when I remove ~/.openils and restart the staff client (so that I
can re-register the workstation using a new unit) I get the error
"TypeError: g.aout_hash[obj.ou_type()] is undefined".  I have clearly
broken something, but it should not be this easy to break it in such a
way that I can now not create any new staff clients.

I am using Evergreen 2.0 beta 4 and running the Linux staff client on Ubuntu.

Regards,

Joe