[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Separation of Financial and Bibliographic Data

Sean Sutherland ssutherland at tnrdlib.bc.ca
Mon Dec 13 16:25:03 EST 2010

As an acquisitions clerk for a library running Evergreen within a
consortium, I've been following the development of the acquisitions
module for a couple of years. However, having little understanding of
database structures, I'm unable to determine whether financial data and
bibliographic data may be physically separated. Thus, could one of the
Evergreen gurus tell me if financial data may be stored locally at the
library level while bibliographic data is housed remotely at the
consortial level.

Cheers
Sean

P.S. Many thanks to the folks who host acq.open-ils.org and created the
trunk staff client installer -- it's a great way to preview Evergreen
without worrying about server details. SS