[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] retrieving deleted records

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Dec 17 13:59:45 EST 2010

For PINES libraries, it really isn't practical to search both the local
catalog and OCLC in the Z39.50 interface. Given the size of and problems
with our database, we search the two separately.

I like the configurability of the summary. We would not designate record
ownership. But I could see where other consortium might.

Have better collision detection in the Z39.50 is important for us since we
do not batchload records at this point.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax